Friday, December 26, 2008

Why do I bother?

I often wonder why I bother with this blog. Seriously, does anybody ever read this? I think this entire exercise is literary masturbation. Well, anyway Adorama is having a sale on custom printing. Through the end of the month, you can get 16x20 prints on Kodak metallic paper for $7.95 a pop. That's a smokin' deal, bub. So I'm preparing some of my 4x5 landscapes. These were created via the same method I have begun to outline in my Large Format Digital Photography For Less series. I think these will look great on 16x20 inch prints. By the way, I discovered today that Firefox is not a color-calibrated browser. I was not aware of this until now. Safari is. I don't know about any of the others such as IE or Netscape (is Netscape even around any more?) Anyhoo, this explains why my images were losing so much saturation when viewed directly in my browser.





1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't want you to continue believing this is a complete act of self-gratification. I am watching.
    No, that's not right. Far too creepy. You get the point however. Lovely work. I'm particularly fond of the river at dusk (or dawn). Beautifully framed -- always tough with landscape photography -- and courageous in its use of light, or lack thereof. I get the impression that had you waited another two minutes, the shot would not have been successful.

    steven.uhles @ augustachronicle.com

    ReplyDelete