Monday, October 13, 2008

Singular Image: Portrait of the Campus



Here it is: the final product. This is the interior court of Willamette Hall. Shot at 18mm, the perspective has been corrected and the HDR treatment pumps up the colors. I also retouched some of the highlights that were completely blown out using the clone stamp, healing brush and a few other blending tools.

Below is the camera's "correct" exposure of the original shot. I modified the back lighting a little to bring out the detail in some of the darker areas of the image. This interior is probably a good example of where HDR can be used to its advantage. In the absence of artificial lighting equipment, it's pretty tough to get a good shot in this type of cavernous location. The sunlight in the high windows wants to blow out before the low lights gain detail.


Below is one of the shots I took for this assignment. I thought I'd post it just because I thought it was cool. BTW, I've noticed (on my laptop, at least) that these images are best viewed in Preview, Safari or anything other than Firefox. For some reason, Firefox washes out a lot of the color.

No comments:

Post a Comment